Mar 24, 2010

I ask again... - 29/05/2005

I wrote this in 2005 when Roald's father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. He didn't have long to live. And died soon after. I guess I was a bit emo. Or something of the sort. I don't know. Makes sense though...


Dear Lord, I ask again - Why?! The man is so young and full of life, He's your child yet you make him suffer. I don't hate you for it, I've learned my lesson and I want to thank you , Lord, for touching my life in such a way. I believe in you Lord. I believe you've got a plan for us all...

Yet I have to ask "Why?!"
I still can't understand, Lord, why he has to suffer and die. Why you let this happen to his family, the people who love him, including me. But I'm stronger than they are, Lord, you made sure of that with my grandfather, but they don't know this pain! Yet you drop it on them so suddenly and fast.

Is that why you put me in this position? to be strong for them and get them through this okay? I'd love to know, Lord. What is my purpose here? 'Cause I know that somehow you've got a plan for all of us. Thank you for letting me see you light willingly, Lord...

Author: Maryke Pretorius

No comments: