Jan 10, 2011

Random Weekend Update

Friday night I surprised myself by buying Salad, Panini and Haloumi Cheese for dinner as COMFORT FOOD. Yes, I had a crappy day and was really down in the dumps. I always try to avoid the comfort food, but this time - screw it. I loved it and it was healthy! Can't complain! (Plus I've had these super random salad cravings lately... strange, huh?)

Saturday I spent the day with two great girl friends, at my house. One of them brought their two kids with and we all loved it. We spent the time watching movies, drinks and popcorn in hand! Later that night though... something really, really random happened. And ex-BF of mine's mother sent me a text message asking me how I've been and if I'm okay.

I didn't exactly know what to make of it... You might remember him from my posts here, here and here. We dated in 2009 for about 9 months or so. It was a difficult relationship, but we cared deeply for each other. The last time we saw each other was in Amanzimtoti for Easter Weekend. I went to visit my friends (our mutual friends), and he lived with them at the time. I always had a great relationship with his parents. We used to do all sorts of things together and could spend hours talking about all kinds of things. I practically lived with them at one stage, visiting became so frequent.

Well anyway, so his mother sent me this text message and after a bit of a chat, wanted us to join them at a local pub for drinks. We declined because we couldn't take two kids under the age of 2years to a pub, that's just a bit wrong. I made a date to see them the following day, though. After about an hour, HE sends me a text message. The ex-boyfriend. Nicolas. Long story short, we ended up going to their place for drinks later that night. And quite enjoyed their/his company. Some things never change.

The following day, Sunday, I was asked to join them for lunch at a nearby restaurant and Nic came to pick me up. After lunch, he took me out for drinks somewhere else, without his parents. What a surprise. =)

I had a fun weekend people. Very unexpected, but very much appreciated.
I'm tired, but I feel so much better than I did last week. Bonus!

No comments: