May 5, 2010

Memories: Swimming Pools and Underwear

I was very young, a teenager, when this happened. It's extremely embarrassing when I think back on it now and I would probably want to lock my daughter up in a fairytale tower if she does the same thing or anything similar. I was young, wild and stupid. I had the wrong friends but I loved the adventures they created.

T
hese particular friends of mine were leaving for Shelley beach the following day and they just had to see us before they went, as we couldn't go with them. These friends included Kevin, Ice (yes, lame), Kenith and Andrew. I met them all through my
(then) friend, Christell. That day.. they picked us up from school and we went to Kevin's house to hang out. We played PlayStation games (and drinking games), we had a couple (a lot) of drinks and we laughed and joked around. It was fun (as fun goes for teenagers). Later that night Christell and I was inebriated that, once we were all gathered around the (communal complex) pool, we both decided we wanted to go for a swim.

For some reason we both were wearing tops that just didn't look good with a bra so we both had on bikini tops (to avoid showing bra straps because that's just so tacky etc). Awesome. Convenient. Bottoms? G-strings. Yes. Those tiny little things I don't dare to wear anymore. Those tiny little things that teenagers wear that are so frilly and small and barely there and run up your bum and make you uncomfortable and hurts the hell out of me now... Those. Being quite inebriated, as we were, there was no problem in taking off our clothes and going for a dip in our bikini tops and G-strings... (Side note: We had GREAT bodies to show off at that stage).

When I think about it today.. it's terrible. All those guys staring at us. Not to mention the details of the guys getting in the pool with us. We won't go there. Ever. I have black hole syndrome for sh!t like that. You'll have to hypnotize me to get the details. But believe me, the vague memory is enough to make me sick. Today. Back then, it was fun. Adventurous. Cool. Hot.

Times change...

No comments: