May 20, 2010

Are you hiding something too?

I don't want people to know what I hide. I don't want people to realize how fragile I really am. I don't want people to think any less of me. Yet.. I need them to. I need them to know that I can also fall apart, contrary to popular belief. I need them to know that I need them more than they care to realize. I need them to know that I need their help, that I need them to stay 'strong' and carry on.

Everyone has something to hide. Everyone has secrets. And so do I. No one wants to admit it. No one wants to admit when they did something wrong, embarrassing or rude. I've done my embarrassing things. I've done things that are wrong. I've done things that are rude. Just like most everybody out there. I regret a lot of the things I did, I cringe to think about it. But in the end... I had to do it. I had to go through it. I learned from it, didn't I? I think I did.

So in the end you can't really regret it. I mean, it's exactly what you wanted at that exact moment. It must have given you some kind of 'happy feeling'? Well that's just what I think.

Everyone has something to hide. And we do our best to hide it, too. We don't know what other people will think of us. We don't know how they'll react or if they'll accept us. I'm not entirely sure why though... true friends, real people... they accept you just the way you are. Past. Present. Future. All included. Well, that's how its supposed to be at least.

No comments: