Mar 3, 2011

Thought Question #90


I have been shaped and formed, molded and carved, to be who I am today.  I am the combined effort of everyone I've met, and I know that.  It's amazing how people shape us.  Situations shape us.  I was born when my mother was 22.  I have never known my father.  Her brother was 18 at the time and her sister was 13.  I grew up with my uncle and my aunt being like my brother and sister.  It's was I know.  It's what I love.  My mom and I lived with my grandparents until I was 13 years old, going to high school, when the two of us moved into our own place.  I grew up with my grandmother and grandfather always being there.  My 'surrogate parents' when my mom was working hard to make a life for the two of us.  To take care of me.

I cannot tell you how blessed I am.  How blessed I feel.  I cannot explain to you in enough words what an amazing life my mother has given me.  We have a fantastic family.  Supportive.  Big.  Loving.  Always there for each other.  And she gave it to me.

My mother made me who I am today.  We are so much alike it's scary.  Then again there are vast differences as well.  Things I like that she doesn't and visa versa.  Situations and events have shaped me.  Friends.  Boyfriends.  Family.  Teachers.  Sadness.  Happiness.  Love.

How would you answer this question?


6 comments:

JUST ME said...

I have no fucking who I am yet.

But at least I know that I can tell my own truth. ...And I guess that's all I can ask for in the moment. :)

Ella Unread said...

I think I shaped myself pretty much absorbing the things I liked from others and trying oh-so-effing hard to change those things I didn't like of myself...I am still working pretty hard on that.
Also, my whole family and some teachers influenced me...they're just great and admirable, really...so I guess it's just normal I try to keep them all as my role models.

Sally-Sal said...

I'm me because of the things that happened to me, and the lessons I learned from them.

Some of my best memories came out of the worst times in my life, and I wouldn't change that for anything :)

Maryx said...

JUST ME - Does everyone ever know themselves fully? =)

Ella - That's awesome!

Sally - Strange that.. but it's great that you can find the good in the bad. I love that about you.

michael said...

Huh.
I just chose to be me because, despite the sleepless nights and uncertainty and heartache, someone told me there would be cupcakes, one day.

I'm still waiting for those cupcakes... and this mysterious 'one' person who's supposed to appear right before the end credits...

Maryx said...

I love how you explain it!!
(I want cupcakes too...)