Feb 1, 2010

I hate it...


Such a true statement. I couldn't resist. Found at icanread, along with most of my other Graphic Ramblings. Have you actually had a day where nothing goes wrong? Seriously though. Think about it. Something trivial can screw up your day. Something big can screw up your day. But why do we let it? Because it's all about the emotions. Well that's what I think. . . It's all about how that silly (or big) thing made you feel. Other than happy,good or peaceful.

But we can't really help it can we? We are sensitive beings. We are very sensitive. We make mountains out of anthills. We make tornado's out of a passing wind. It's confusing isn't it? It is for me. That's why I have to always remind myself that no matter how trivial I think something is that someone is telling me, it's a big deal for that person. Why else would they share it with me and ask for my advice? It matters to that person. It bothers them. The drama of our daily lives come alive when friends sit down for a glass of wine and talk... and talk... and talk... If you're so lucky that is. Some people don't have that luxury. And yes it is a luxury. It's a gift. You can never take your friends or family for granted. And remember, they don't HAVE to put up with you sh!t and drama. They don't HAVE to sit listening to you. They want to. Because they love you. But at the end of the day, it's a 2-way street. You have to reciprocate. Am I right? You have to be able to help through their drama. For them to help you.

That's what I try my best to do. And yes, the wheel has turned and I have been turning to my friends lately. Turning to them for advice, comfort and a shoulder to cry on. They calm me down. They talk me through it. They clear my head. But then... also... I have different friends. Different opinions. Different advice. That also confuses me, you know? It's like I need someone to make things right. I need someone to tell me what to do and how to do it. I need . . .

HIM

7 comments:

Andhari said...

I'm sorry. Missing someone can be so painful. You're lucky to have friends though, you must be real good for them so they're right with you when you needed it. I hope their company help a little bit.

Maryx said...

Thanks Anhari. They are great. We are there for each other. But as you say... it goes both ways.

Raj said...

We make mountains out of anthills. lol. true. :(
And remember, they don't HAVE to put up with you sh!t and drama. They don't HAVE to sit listening to you. They want to. Because they love you.

i should tell myself hat more often.

:)

we are like that with ofcourse a couple of exceptions.

Maryx said...

Raj ... You should. And be positive. Through all the drama in my life, all I can do is try and be positive. Sure you get your dips but hey.. it all works out. In the end.

Everything happens for a reason right?

=D

Becca said...

Thanks for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog- it makes my day. And you're so right- it's so easy to let the little bad things get us down all the time. We have a chance to every day. But, it's hard to remember that there are also happy moments in each day. And we have a chance every day to let them lift us up and smile. You're awesome!

Maryx said...

Hey Becca! Thanks for stopping by! And you're SO right. We forget... =D

Raj said...

everything doesnt have a reason maryx.
its just something we tell ourselves so as to give us enough strength to withstand them.