Feb 2, 2011

Thought Question #44


  • Expecting something and hoping for something is exactly the same emotion.  And they both hurt.  A lot.
  • It is definitely possible to love someone and have them in your heart, even though they don't love you the same way.
  • Giving up is hard.  I don't give up on people.  They give up on me for some reason though.
  • I deserve the whole bread, not just the crumbs.  But fcuk me if I can't leave those crumbs alone?!  Urgh!
  • Your tears never dry up.  They just keep coming.  Usually at the most inopportune moments.
  • You can lead a donkey to the water but you can't make it drink.  It rings true in people, too. You can give advice and try and help, but it really all depends on themselves.  You can't change things for them.  They have to make their own decisions.
  • Sometimes, you have to give yourself tough love, to make things better for yourself.
  • Sometimes you have to let go of something you really, truly want, not because you're not interested in it anymore, but because it's not interested in you.
  • It's easy to convince yourself you're not in love with someone, when you don't see them.
  • It will hurt for a while, no doubt.  But it gets better.  It always gets better.  I promise.
  • I am strong enough, I just hid my strength somewhere and can't always find it.

There are tons of things that life has taught me lately, I can't really narrow it down.  But I would like to post about it some more though... 

What has life taught YOU recently Dear Readers?

2 comments:

michael said...

Wow, those are some valuable lessons.

Hmm. I'd have to say the thing life has taught me recently is: I can't have a relationship with someone I don't trust.

I'm glad to see you posting again, Maryke. I don't know what time it is in SA, but I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Maryx said...

Oh thanks..
I have to agree with your life lesson - it's valuable. It's true.

It's morning over here M. Thanks, same to you. Good luck.