Feb 2, 2011

"Matching Up"

I don't think I ever mentioned on here about the dates I went on with guys I met on OkCupid.com...  I met 2 guys personally and it was quite some time ago.  Obviously, when no one like Gerhard or whoever was in my life.  Was rather an interesting adventure.  I closed down my account eventually (and just opened it up again... why the hell not?!)

One of them turned out to be a producer at a company of his own, they do advertisements in South Africa and they even work with international clients.  He interested me, the things he told me and the experience he has in the field of advertising and designing etc really got me listening.  He was okay, but turned out to be quite the douche at the end of the night.  I think we just didn't quite click.  It's like he has a stick up his arse trying to impress everyone, including me, but at the same time thinks that he's better than me and everyone else.  Newsflash - you're not.  He also tried to stick his tongue down my throat when he walked me to the car, which was disgusting seeing as he couldn't kiss for sh!t and I found it super inappropriate.  I don't think I gave him any 'leads' to do that or anything like that thankyouverymuch.  Didn't hear much from him after that.  It was mutual.  Thank Goodness.

The other guy stayed a little while longer.  He had been wanting to go out for drinks for a while and I just didn't have any time, so then one Friday night I invited him to come over to my house with all (well, most) of my friends there.  I dropped him into the deep in with the friends.  It was sink or swim.  But I like it that way!  Makes you see a guys' true character really quickly.  And it's funny as hell!  He survived, surprisingly.  We went for drinks a while later and I even invited him to join us at one of my friends' Disney Themed Birthday Party.  It turned out fun of course, but then again, Maritz was there and he was not impressed with this guy I invited and didn't make him feel too welcome.  Oops!  Well it wasn't like Maritz and I were in a relationship =)  I saw him a couple of times, but it kind of dwindled away.  I like to think it was mutual, because it's not like he kept trying to contact me and I didn't respond or anything (or the other way around).  It just kind of stopped.  I don't mind though, he lost my interest with his personality traits.  He's not a strong enough person, he's a complete push-over.  It frustrates me.

Some people just don't match I guess.

I just came across a half-greek half british guy that seems really interesting and we're chatting like there's no tomorrow.  And he does Graphic Design for a living!!  (Brownie points right there!)

Let's see where it goes shall we...?

2 comments:

michael said...

Woo!
Hooray for meeting new and interesting people!

Sorry for the spam of comments, but don't worry, I'm off to spend the rest of my night reading and studying until the sun comes up.

Take care, Maryke. I wish you all the best.

Maryx said...

I always enjoy your comments sweetie. Thanks and enjoy!