Oct 6, 2009

Missing

This 'poem' goes back to June 2005. As you might already know I'm a total water baby and child of the sea. I can't stay away. It's like a refuge for me. I guess this was just one of those times when staying away became too much for me and I needed to go back... Enjoy.


A part of me is missing
That no one can see.
They take me as I am
And expect me to be.
No one sees the hurt and
The longing I hide inside,
The pain of losing my one
True friend - the ocean tide.

That piece of me is missing
The friendship we shared,
For the one place to go
Where someone cared.
Someone who sees me for
Who I am, I never
Have to act or put
Up a scam.

That friend is still there,
Waiting for me.
But he's still so far,
Can't you see?
I want to run, but still
I hide, just take me
Away to the ocean tide!

I'm missing...

Author: Maryke Pretorius

No comments: