Jan 18, 2012

Thought Question #289


I like my life, and I like the way I am and all... but I have to admit that there are things that I envy in people.  I don't think I envy one specific person, but rather a multitude of people with these traits or things things in their lives.  I envy the people who are financially secure.  I envy the people who are able to control their bodyweight and exercise frequently.  I envy the people who get to go into a clothing store and fit into the first outfit they find, because the size is right there and perfect for them.  I envy the people who are in stable, happy relationships, and/or about to get married or have a baby.  I wouldn't mind having that myself, any of that.  But I'm definitely not ungrateful.  I am my own person and I have my own ways.  Things happen the way they do for a reason, and I trust that the outcome will benefit me greatly when the time comes.  I trust that I will be at my happiest when the time is right, and when the reason is right.

Whom do you secretly envy and why?

No comments: