Aug 13, 2009

Goofy Came To Visit Me Last Night


Yes. I know. I'm random like that.
Goofy = An Ex-boyfriend. No not THE ex boyfriend. The one before him. There I just confused you. ;) Whatever. So he came to visit me last night. Yeah I'm single one day and I've already got other guys in my house. No. Turns out we're really good friends. We get along better than when we dated and we're really comfortable with each other. No Shit. We were together for one year and 8 months. That's quite a while. To me. You get used to each other eventually. Not like Glitch and I. (The most recent ex... Fcuk I'm confusing myself. I'm not a whore ya know? I've just got a couple of long term relationship behind me.) Glitch and I never really got used to each other. Not really. I was never comfortable with him. I don't think I could ever really be myself, for fear of being judged. By him. And his family. Nice hey? What an awesome relationship! *Insert Sarcastic Face Here*

So Goofy is 21. Turning 22 in December. And he's 'dating' a 36-year-old women who's son is 18 and daughter 16.

I'm sorry my friend but... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against older women. Nothing. But the age gap is just a little bit too much for me. She could be his mother. If she had a kid at 15 instead of 18. Totally possible. Right?
She looks like a really nice woman. He showed me a photo. Sounds like we would get along smashingly too. And it's really cool that he has matured so much that older women go for him. 'Cause it's not his first time. He's been a 32-year-old with a kid and a 34-year-old single woman. All within the last 8 months. Nice.

I guess it's just something I'm not used to. Besides the fact that my mother dates younger guys. But 10 years max. Okay, over share. Sorry.

So Goofy just wants me to support him in this decision of maybe being in a relationship with this women. Because his mother is up in arms over it. Understandable. So I couldn't help but ask him a couple of obvious questions regarding this relationship. Such as:
  • Do you want to commit to her?
  • Are you ready for that type of commitment?
  • Do you know what you want?
  • Do you know what she wants?
  • Do you understand that at age 36, any woman has the right to want to settle down? That's what I would want.
  • Are you ready to settle down?
  • Are you ready to be 'father' to a guy 4 years younger than you and a girl 6 years younger?
Yeah he didn't quite expect that and could hardly give me straight answers. All he knows is, he's not serious about it. Well it sounds like she is. The way she's going on about the two of them. The way she's always missing him etc... etc... etc... That's the Rightful B!tch in me comes out to tell him to just leave it then. Avoid hurting her. What is he?! A Player?! I don't believe that! (Sorry, I get carried away sometimes) I just want him to be careful okay? No. I don't want him back. I like the way things are going for us. I like to have a friend who knows me so well. That I'm so comfortable with.

This is such a rambling post. But that's the point right? I don't always need to make sense. Just thought I'd share that bit of info with you.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: