May 18, 2012

Thought Question #386


No, I actually don't think it's necessary.  It's nice, yes.  It's wonderful, for sure.  But not necessary.  Just like a relationship.  I don't see the point of labelling myself on Facebook for the world to see "in a relationship" or whatever.  It's like having to engrave it on your forehead or wearing a silly sign around your neck that reads "(Insert guy/girl's name)'s Property".  I'm nobody's 'property' and I don't need anyone labelling me because of it.  I don't want to live by any universal set of rules that wants to make me the World's Best Girlfriend.  I have to do or I have to do that... No!  What if I don't want to?  Is he going to make me?  Am I then not classified as a girlfriend?  Am I a bad person because I don't live up to society's expectations of how I should be?  That's crap.  Don't you think?

A relationship has diddly squat to do with anyone else but the (hopefully) two people in it.  If you want to be with me, if you want to spend time with me, if you want to do things for me... then do it because you want to, not because you have to.  Same goes for me.  If I  don't want to do certain things that's entirely up to me.  I know that if I don't appreciate the person in my life, I stand a chance to lose them, and that's also entirely their choice, as it is my choice as well.  If I want to work towards a future with someone, I will.  If I don't, then well that's it then.  Go your merry way and forget about me.  I don't have to do this or have to do that, I do it because I want to, and that, to me, means so much more than any 'set of uspoken rules'.

Infidelity?  Not a problem!  If you're spending your time in someone else's arms, just be honest about and I'll leave.  No harm done.  Yeah I'll be a bit pissed off for a while, but I'll get over it faster because it's not like you were my "Boyfriend and you promised your undying love to me forever and ever".  Come on people, no one can promise that.  But we sure can try.  Things change and people change.  We have to move with it like the river moving across the earth, between the cracks and over the rocks.  Am I making any sens at all?

A lot of you might think I have a negative outlook on love, but I actually think it's quite the opposite.  I'm very passionate about love.  The real love.  Not the fake kind.  Yes, I admit, I don't have wedding fever or baby fever, and a lot of my friends think it's weird.  But I just feel like everyone's pushing me into sh!t I'm not ready for.  Yeah, get engaged, get married, have a baby, or do it the other way aorund, I don't care.  I'm very happy living my life for now, doing what I want and when I want, being able to plan trips and spend my money the way I want to.  I'm still young and I think that's a miracle I have to live through first hand.  I'll get there, some day.  By then, all of you would have started families, gotten into the daily routine of things, and there I'll be, the last to get married, the last to have a baby, and the happiest.  Because I've been there, and done that.  Because I'm satisfied with life and made it worth my while.

Okay, I might be generalising a bit but you get my point, don't you?

No comments: