Dec 8, 2011

Thought Question #252


I think we all tell white lies like the most famous one of "I'm fine, thanks".  I definitely use that one.  But other lies?  Often?  I can't really think... I try my best to be openly and brutally honest.  Hey, it works for me.  Try it some time.  It's quite refreshing.  When you're honest with yourself and others, you tend to be happier and more peaceful.

Of course... if white lies include just simply not telling someone how you don't like them, but rather deciding to keep your mean thoughts to yourself... then yes, I tell white lies.  Because there are people at work, for example, that really need some honesty from someone about their manners or their ways, but I just think it would be safer if I'm not the one to share mine with them.  I have to work with them at the end of the day, and there is most definitely a fragile line between collegues, friends and enemies.

What's the last little white lie that you told?
Or what do you tell often?


No comments: