Jun 13, 2012

I'm still young thankyouverymuch


There are people who think my head's not screwed on right because of the fact that I'm okay being single.  Most of my friends and acquintances are either in long relationships, engaged to be married (and planning the wedding), already (or just) married, pregnant, or wanting to start a family of snot nose kids.
I'm not there yet!  And it's like they want me to think there's something wrong with me for not wanting all of that.  But, you see, I do want all of that.  Just not now!  I'm definitely not ready to settle down and take care of a man or kids.  I'm not ready to be tied down, in any way.  I'm not ready to give myself up like that.  And I don't think there's anything wrong with the fact.

I'm still young.  What's the rush?  They say "When you know, you know".  Well, I don't know who 'they' are, but if they're right then I don't know yet.  What's so wrong with that?  Why am I 'a crazy person' for not wanting all of that right away?  I actually think I'm more normal than the rest of them want to jump into a marriage so young.  I mean, how do you know?  Especially if, for example, you've known the significant other for a month or so?  That's just borderline psychopathic and desperate, don't you think?  I mean if you don't even know how they drink their coffee or where they throw their underwear at night, how do you know if you can spend your life with that person?  Or are my standards just way too high?

I want a guy who can look after himself, financially and personally.  I want a guy who can look after me, if necessary.  I mean, I have to be able to look after myself, of course, but he should be able to look after me.  And yes, I've heard that that sounds like I'm just thinking about money, but you know what I don't think that's true.  It's not just about money, it's about responsibility.  Knowing when you can do what with your money, and how it will affect your budget and the rest of the month.  That's realistic, don't you think?

Or maybe I'm just fulla sh!t.  You never know.  Maybe I'll just end up in a little house with nine cats to keep me company.

No comments: