Sep 15, 2011

Thought Question #226


My last day at C.G. Distribution, the previous company I worked at.  (Yes, I started my new job on the 1st of September).  I went for breakfast at my clients’ head office, with Lynette who’s been working closely with me for the past year and a half, and Annie, who had just started in August.  We got back to work after the breakfast at about 09H30 and I worked for most of the day after that, for the last time, doing what I’d been doing for a full 3 years and 10 months.  At 17H00 they had a little farewell for me in the boardroom with drinks, speeches and gifts.  I was okay, all through the day.  It was when I left the place for the last time, that I cried.  I felt like I was in limbo.  I was without a job for a full 5 days before starting at my new job, and it was hard letting go of something I’d worked so hard on for such a long time.  It was hard, too, saying goodbye to all the people who made up my day to day life for so long.

What moment, in the past month, stand out for you??

1 comment:

Ella Unread said...

It's so nice they threw a kind of farewell party for you! How's your new job?? Do you like it?? :)
When I look back to the past month I can't remember a single thing :( it sucks.