Jul 22, 2012

Thought Question #425


The thing that comes to mind when I think of the most romantic thing someone's done for me, wasn't actually done for me.  Does that make sense?  I had a friend, years ago, who took me with him to his cousins' wedding.  We went for a walk in the gardens while the people were dancing, between the fairy lights and the candles.  He just stopped, grabbed in his arms, tilted me almost down to the grass and gave me a soft kiss on the mouth.  Later that evening, we slept over in a big house owned by his uncle, and he slowly, very patiently, helped me take all the pins out of my hair, kissed me in my neck and called me beautiful.
But no, nothing ever come from it.  After that day, it was never spoken of or mentioned, either.
Other than that, I've gotten flowers here and there.  I've been taken out for dinner.  But I can't actually say any of that was "romantic".  I guess I'm just hard to please.

What about you??

No comments: