Nov 10, 2010

Thoughtful Question #19


There are quite a few things I could think of under this question... I would regret not being the best friend. I would regret not being the best girlfriend, the best wife, the best mother, the best lover. I know you can't expect to be the best, or expect to be perfect, but I want to be the best I can possibly be. I want to do things to my full potential. I don't want to let people down, whilst still holding on to my own identity and way of doing things.

I want to experience things first hand. I want to explore. I want adventure. I want to learn new things and see beautiful things. I want a sensory overload and I want peace.

I just had a fleeting thought about the kiddie movie called UP... She wanted adventure, that she never got. But she was never disappointed or upset about it, because her life was enough of an adventure just being with him. That will do. Really, that will do. Happiness and love is never regretted. I want a full life. I want to do things and strive for things. I don't want to regret.

I want to spend time with my loved ones, so I won't regret not doing it when they're gone. I want to speak my mind and tell people how I feel, so I won't bottle it up and explode, only to regret it later. I want to go places I've never been, see things I've never seen. I want to experience it with someone I love. I want to follow my love of art, so I won't regret never even trying. I want to study hard, so I won't regret bad grades. I want to make my family proud and make them happy, so I won't regret not doing enough. I want to mean something to someone...

What would you regret?

No comments: